Chaparral Pines is notoriously quiet, serene, and beautiful. You do not have to be knowledgeable about golf to appreciate the breathtaking scenery and well-manicured lawns that make up the course. However, you might have some questions about living in a golf course community like Chaparral Pines.
What this article covers:
Home owner association fees for living in Chaparral Pines are $405 paid on a quarterly basis.
Membership costs range from $7,500 for a Trailhead Membership up to $26,000 for the Ponderosa Reciprocal Membership.
The membership fee is $7,500 with monthly dues of 220
As part of the Chaparral Pines community, those residents selecting a Chaparral Pines custom home or home site are required to purchase
a Trailhead membership. This provides Chaparral Pines residents access to all the activities and facilities at The Trailhead as well as access
to the Chaparral Pines and The Rim Club clubhouses and dining facilities and golf shop and Mountain Spa Fitness Center. This membership
includes four (4) rounds of golf per year at Chaparral Pines (some restrictions apply). Trailhead members may also be converted to a
Pinon or Ponderosa membership upon request, per the Membership Plan requirements and subject to availability.
Membership Fee $10,000/Monthly Dues $465
Reciprocal $11,000/Monthly Dues $569
This membership includes all the amenities of a Trailhead membership. In addition, Pinon members have access to the Chaparral Pines
golf course. Other elements include:
• Use of the Chaparral Pines golf course Monday – Thursday, excluding all legal holidays, without payment of green fees
• Eight-day advance tee times on the Chaparral Pines golf course
• Daily use of the Chaparral Pines practice facilities
• Priority wait-list status for conversion to a Ponderosa membership, per the Membership Plan requirements and subject to
• Use of the Chaparral Pines clubhouse golf lockers and bag storage on a space available basis
• Play in the Chaparral Pines member and member-guest tournament(s) on a space available basis
• Use of The Rim Club golf course Monday – Thursday, excluding all legal holidays, without payment of green fees (Pinon Reciprocal
Membership Fee $25,000/Monthly Dues $695
Reciprocal $26,000/Monthly Dues $865
This membership includes all the amenities of a Trailhead membership. In addition, Chaparral Pines Ponderosa members have access to
the Chaparral Pines golf course. Other elements include:
• Full (7 days/week) use of the Chaparral Pines golf course without payment of green fees
• Advance tee time priority at the Chaparral Pines golf course
• Daily use of the Chaparral Pines golf practice facilities
• Priority use of the Chaparral Pines clubhouse golf lockers and bag storage
• Play in the Chaparral Pines member and member-guest tournament(s)
• Full (7 days/week) use of the Rim Club golf course without payment of green fees (Ponderosa Reciprocal only)
• Ponderosa/Reciprocal Membership level also currently provides golf access to affiliated Buffalo Golf Properties for you and your
spouse for a nominal fee. Reservations must be arranged through the golf shop at The Rim or Chaparral Pines.
There are two membership options available at The Rim Golf Club. Both of the following membership opportunities are available to non-residents of the community as well.
All memberships include you, your spouse, and any children under the age of 22 residing with you. The Sports membership is the minimum requirement for any property owner here at The Rim. The Sports membership is $7,500 and provides everything but golf at both The Rim & Chaparral Pines. It also comes with four complimentary rounds of golf per calendar year to be used by you or your spouse.
The Rim Golf membership is normally $30,000 but is being offered at $15,000 currently. The Rim Golf membership has just a three-year commitment to the monthly dues and after that you may keep it forever or resign it at any time with a six-month written notice. The seasons here are very mild and we do play golf all year. You will notice that The Rim membership provides you everything at Chaparral Pines as well. That's right, two amazing golf courses right across the highway from each other. The Rim Golf membership also provides access to Stone Canyon the #4 course in the state. Check out the latest Rim Golf Club homes for sale.
The Extended Family Program is where Mr. Loy and Mr. Mickelson made all the memberships vertical memberships when they purchased the Clubs. This means that once you purchase either of the memberships you could also sign up your parents, your spouse's parents, any children you have and their spouses and grandchildren down the road if you do not have them already for no extra cost other than the dues you already pay. Many Rim Golf Club members find tremendous value in this program.
Membership Fee $200/Monthly Dues $30
Clubhouse Dining Members will enjoy full access to the Chaparral Pines Clubhouse.
There are currently 19 Chaparral Pines homes for sale on the market ranging in price from $325,000 to $1,495,000. Average sales price is about $595k.
There are 810 lots in Chaparral Pines. All the lots are currently sold, but resale lots and homesites are available. There are just under 900 homesites and about 500 homes built. There is 60 lots available( at the time of this writing) which a custom home could be built on with building costs ranging from about $250k to $350k per sq. foot. The lots are beautiful raw forest land and would likely require extensive excavation.